21 Email Marketing Guide
1. Use A Thank You Page: Once a subscriber opts in send them immediately to a thank you page. Thank them for opting in, tell them what to expect, how often they will be emailed, what you’ll be sending them and what to do next (i.e. go find the email titled ‘EMAIL NAME’ from ‘Your name’.
2. Set Expectations & Stick To Them: If you tell your subscriber that you’re going to email them once per week, only send blog notifications, and never send promo emails – then stick to it!
3. Make Sure Your Welcome Email Gets Read: Some people put no effort into their welcome email and in turn a lot of people don’t bother to read them. To entice people to read them use a headline like “Welcome to SITE NAME, So Now What?”. Further set their expectations in the welcome email and engage with them further by telling them more about you and how you can help them.
4. Build Trust & A Relationship BEFORE They Opt In: It’s near impossible to build up trust and a relationship with people who aren’t opening your emails, at this point it’s far too late! So make sure you are engaging with potential subscribers though great content, strong branding, and being open and honest via your blog before hand.
5. Use Attention Grabbing Headlines: If you want busy people to notice your emails in their cluttered inbox you need to use attention grabbing email headlines – look at emails that get you reading for inspiration and customize for your own.
6. Give People A Benefit Driven Reason To Click: If you want people to click your email links then give them a benefit driven call to action. Example: “Discover how you can boost your email open and click rates and skyrocket your profits when you click here”.
7. Big Lists Aren’t Always The Best Lists: The majority of email marketers seem obsessed with getting a BIG list and will do anything it takes to get a new subscriber regardless of the quality. Focus on getting only quality subscribers who WANT to receive emails from you, trust you, have a relationship and you’ll receive high open 41 and click rates and more income!
8. The People On Your List Are Real People With Real Problems: They aren’t just numbers on a list designed to make you money. Solve their problems, help them, take time to list to them and you’ll be rewarded. Spamming them with endless promos and offers might work for a while but it will be shortlived.
9. Tell People What To Expect In The Next Email: A sure fire way to increase email opens is to tell people what to expect in the next email – make them curious enough to want to see it and get them looking out for it.
10. Curiousity Results In More Open & Clicks: If you can make someone curious they will open / click. Be cryptic without being deceptive or lying and they will open your email or click your link.
11. Give People Multiple Chances To Opt In: The more chances people have to opt in the more likely they are to do so. Put multiple opt in boxes on every page on your site.
12. Split Test Everything For Best Results: Don’t just add an opt in box put an email into your follow up series and then never try and improve it. Split test headlines, copy, colours, button text / size / colour. Work on email headlines to see which receive the best open rates and work on calls to actions and link to see which get the highest click rates.
13. An Email Is The Ultimate Sign Of Trust: When someone hands over their email online it’s the ultimate sign of trust so do not abuse it! No spamming, selling / trading, sending things you are not supposed to be sending.
14. Add More Links For More Clicks: Seems simple but something a lot of people over look. The more links you have in emails the more likely you are to get clicks. I generally have around 5 links (some in content and some naked URLS) even in small emails with different anchor texts / calls to action to give the reader more chances to click. I also try and make sure there’s a link in the first sentence ‘above the fold’ to try and get an instant click.
15. Images Increase Clickthroughs: Using images in emails can increase click through rate. For one of my sites I doubled email CTR by using simple text based images I created in MS Paint with clear calls to action.
16. Email Frequently To Stay Fresh In Your Prospects Mind: Ever get an email from a company / marketer and have no idea who it is? Me too. Frequently. An email out the blue about their new product or whatever and I’ve no idea if it’s spam or someone who’s list I signed up to a long time ago when buying a product / visiting their site. People get a LOT of emails and if you aren’t staying fresh in your audiences mind you’ll be easily forgotten.
Email every 1-2 days for the first 2 weeks when they join your list and then every 2-3 days after that for best results. Though don’t email when you have nothing to say it’ll just annoy them.
17. Use Email Signatures To Promote Products & Remind People Who You Are: This is something I hardly see anyone do but should be used more often. At the bottom of email add a small signature area where you link to a product or offer you promote AND put a simple sentence reminding them who you are, why you are emailing them and where they signed up – this is HUGE for reducing spam rates and unsubscribes.
18. Delete Unsubscribes As They Cost You Money: Aweber (and possibly other autoresponder companies) don’t automatically delete your unsubsubscribes. Whilst they won’t receive any emails from you after unsubscribing they still take up space in your account and you will be charged for them so routinely delete. Be sure to check your unsubscribe reports to see if a particular email is causing a lot of unsubscribes and remove, change or add to a different order of follow up message.
19. Copy What Successful Marketers Do Not Say: One of the best ways to enjoy success as an email marketer is to watch what successful marketers DO rather than what they say. They may say one thing but do another. So copy their actions and not necessarily their advice. However a good marketer shouldn’t be telling you to do things that they aren’t doing themselves.
20. Tell Stories To Engage People: Don’t just send people updates and promo emails. Engage them with stories, anecdotes, snippets of your life, humor etc. This makes you seem more real, helps your subscribers connect with you, builds trust and make for a more entertaining read. Andre Chaperone is the master at this and teaches it in his
Autoresponder Madness course.
21. Ask Your Subscribers To Send The Email To A Friend: A great way to get more exposure for your emails is to ask people to forward to a friend. If your emails are good then the person receiving it will want to sign up for your list.
If You Are Interested In 1 on 1 Training of Profitable Online Business Setup, Don’t Hesitate To Call Me On 08023901675
Are You Interested in A Simple Business With Just $10 Startup Capital Making Money Weekly Click Here
If you are interested in a ready made, done for you money making website with Information Marketing, Affliate & CPA Companies that are ready to pay directly into your bank account Click Here